I have created this gallery so folks can keep updated on the work that I am doing to my most recent life change. I suspect I will keep it updated as time and projects permit/require. It will be a learning process, had only I paid more attention to Vicky all those years ago… Click on an image to get a bigger version. Hope you enjoy.
Some Late 2019-2020 Projects
(work in progress, needs captions and more photos)
Pandemic bathroom re-do
Changed the trim and replaced the door…
Pulled off the bottom mirror trim and put in beadboard
This door will go in the bathroom.
Fitting it in
It is in and ready for the mirror
Added bead board and drywall.
Worked on the year old closet renovation: drywall, paint, beadboard, trim…
Put in a small door for plumbing
The finished door
Installed some shelving
One finished angle
Another finished angle
Flushed out the south wall of east bedroom
New exterior lights on three doors.
Front door light
Old roof was removed
here I extend eaves and remove old roof joists
Tore off the back roof.
A new roof by Eckhardt Roofing
New roof on the shed/garage!
Took out old kitchen ceiling light
and put in a new one.
Put sound insulation on the west wall of the east bedroom
Replacing trim on dining room entrance
Rearranged the mud room.
Built a hangar for the laundry room
Put a new door b/w east bed and bathroom
The bathroom view
Organizing the laundry room…
means building a shelf!
Took off the doors, then the lower shelf
Mid renovation of east kitchen cupboards
Projects from 2017-Early 2019
From the street (10/17)
The backyard (9/17)
And from the alley (10/17)
My current living room furnishings (12/17)
The current (12/10/17) setup of the master bedroom
Tearing out some cabinets and organizing years of nomad food (10/17)
The smaller bedroom as purchased (9/17)
it is slowly undergoing some renovations (10/17)
Under all that pine… clapboards (10/17)
Most of the pine is gone (10/17)
A storm door found in the garage (10/17)
The refurbished storm door in action (10/17)
The shower curtain rod project; only took a month (10/17)
Re-glazing the storm windows (9/17)
Putting the “good enough” touches on the storm windows (12/17)
A shed door… (12/17)
Turning it into a bedroom door (12/17)
Paint stripping… (12/17)
Marking out the drill hole (12/16/17)
Holy Shit!! It…It Fit!!
And putting it all together (12/17)
The back room is now mostly wired and insulated
And of course there is another door project.
So I started cleaning It up, but had to shelve it for other priorities.
A framed screen to go into a door I did last fall.
I decided a bathroom vent fan would be nice, so I cut a hole in the ceiling.
Needed to wire the fan, and clean up the mess…
There was (and still is) a snake pit of wires in the attic.
I decided that the ceiling needed to come down. The insulation followed.
Guess I needed to clean it up.
…then hung a temporary ceiling. Thanks Scott!
Then one night, about 2100, I got a crazy idea…
And let there be light…
Baked some bread somewhere in there too.
Took the wall lights out of the bathroom…
and gave them a paint job…
then put them up in the bedroom.
Wired new lights in the bathroom.
I tried planting sage out front.
Got an awning up over the west door.
Putting a wall light in the dining room
Making a towel rack
The updated bath–t.p. holder, towel rack, ceiling light, shower rod.
The kitchen view
Clamping on the countertop molding
Lights up and working in the slightly remodeled dining room
Josh assessing the gutter options
Working on the gutter
Got the gutter up, now need a downspout
Some additional living room furniture.
Tearing the old roof off the back “porch.” (9/18)
Adding and painting some integrated purlins.
Putting on the new polycarbonate roofing.
Some of the things I had to work around
The new roof is on. I guess I will have to wait and see how weatherproof it is. (10/18)
Working on getting the gutter up. (11/18)
Decided to make use of the the old metal roofing, though the rest of the fiberglass will have to wait ’til spring.
Gutter is up. And working! Notice the repurposed roofing on the lower left corner of the “porch.” (
Wiring two wall sconces placed for a mirror to fit in between.
Got them wired and working, a little more insulation to put up.
One of the two sheds…(9/17). I took the door off in 12/17 and moved it inside.
Then nine months later I acquired this door from Three Peaks Ranch, refurbished it, and put it on the shed. This photo shows the casing in progress.
Started putting a post on the awning over the west door. Bring on the snow! (11/18)
Decided to tear out another wall (12/18)
Removed the doors above the stove and rebuilt the cabinet to the right (1/19)
Put some new small doors on (1/19)
The remodel bug got the best of me and I tore off the paneling behind the sink, revealing some bead board (2/19)
Bead board looked good, so I went with it and a backsplash (2/19)
Mostly got the bead board cleaned up.
New door on the bedroom. Also note the built in cabinet and its painted trim.
Finally drywalled the ceiling in the back bedroom (3/19)
Tore off more paneling and exposed some more older walls. Found an unexpected hole in the wall. Uh-oh (3/19)
Decided to wire a light above the hole in the wall.
Put a electric wall heater in the bathroom. Yay for warmer showering this winter! (4/19)
Got back to working on a new east entry door.
Re-painted the built in shelving. Stained the trim too.
The door looks a lot better now.
Filled the hole in the wall with a built in shelf.
Finally finished up the back “porch” (6/19)
Got the door in and some new complementary trim too. (6/19)